When you are suffering from chest pain, shortness of breath, unexplained headaches or blackouts, every second counts. That is why you should choose a hospital as close to home as possible.
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Azle offers a broad range of cardiovascular, pulmonary and neurodiagnostic services. Skilled physicians and a caring medical staff use advanced technologies to deliver services on both an inpatient and outpatient basis.
Heart and vascular services available to cardiology patients include:
- Stress testing and EKGs: Electrocardiography performed with and without induced stress to help physicians on the medical staff determine the presence of coronary artery blockage and the damage it causes as well as various rhythm problems.
- 24 Holter Monitoring: Continuous electrocardiography performed (using a device about the size of a pager) while you go about your daily activities.
- Pulmonary Function Testing: The use of advanced equipment to help physicians on the medical staff determine the presence and extent of lung damage from lung disease or injury.
- Arterial Blood Gas Tests: The use of advanced equipment to measure the exact amounts of oxygen, carbon dioxide, sulfur dioxide, hemoglobin and methemoglobin in the arterial blood supply.
- Mechanical Ventilator Support: The use of machines to maintain (partially or completely) the patient's ability to breathe.
- Electroencephlographic Screening (EEG): A cap is placed on the head that reads the brain's electrical activity. This test is used to help determine the nature and source of electrical disturbances such as seizures.
- Bone Density Screening: A sound wave is passed through the heel of your foot to determine bone strength and density.
Office hours are 6:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. For more information, call 1-877-THR-WELL (1-877-847-9355).