The Imaging Center at Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth offers a wide variety of advanced diagnostic services.
Highlights of our imaging center's equipment include:
- 64-slice GE Light Speed® CT scanner with ASiRTM technology, which can reduce your radiation dose during a CT scan by as much as 40 percent. The scanner produces up to 64 cross-sectional images ("slices") that are reconstructed to form a complete, precise image at a lower dose of radiation.
- GE 1.5 Tesla HD MRI, which provides faster scan times and extremely high resolution images.
- DEXA bone densitometry scanner, which allows for early diagnosis and treatment of osteoporosis.
- GE dual-head InfiniaTM camera with nuclear diagnostic imaging studies. Nuclear medicine is the imaging of the body using nuclear pharmaceuticals to create a picture of the body from the inside out to show functions of the body. Tests can vary in length, and most tests require an injection or ingestion of some kind. Nuclear medicine exams are beneficial for those who have allergic reactions to contrast materials required for MRI or CT studies, as nuclear medicine injections are chemically compatible with the body. The most common nuclear medicine studies performed are bone scans, lung scans, gallbladder, kidney, and thyroid exams.
- Two Siemens Sequoia Ultrasound units with two-dimensional and color Dopplar imaging capabilities.
- Three Lorad M-IV Platinum mammogram units providing a digital process for screening and diagnostic mammograms.
To provide patients with inclusive radiological care, registered and licensed health care professionals administer diagnostic tests under the supervision of a physician on the medical staff.
Texas Health Southwest also offers other imaging services. For more information, click the items in the bulleted list below.
For scheduling information, call 817-433-6616. The scheduling department is open from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday. Fax physician orders to 817-433-1770.