The American Heart Association Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support course is for healthcare providers who either direct or participate in the resuscitation of a patient. The ACLS course covers skills used in the treatment of the adult victim of a cardiac arrest or other cardiopulmonary emergencies. ACLS emphasizes the importance of basic life support CPR to patient survival; the integration of effective basic life support with advanced cardiovascular life support interventions; and the importance of effective team interaction and communication during resuscitation.
Course Length: 2 day initial, 1 day renewal
- Initial - 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Renewal - 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
2013 Class Dates:
- Initial - March 18-19, April 8-9, May 8-9, June 4-5, July 10-11, Aug. 21-22, Sept. 17-18, Oct. 8-9, Nov. 4-5
- Renewal - March 6, April 2, May 14, June 10, July 22, Aug. 15, Sept. 23, Oct. 14, Nov. 19, Dec. 4
- Initial - $150, manual included
- Renewal - $75 + $50 course manual
Audience: physicians, nurses, emergency medical technicians, paramedics, respiratory therapists, and other professionals who may respond to a cardiovascular emergency.