THRE works individually with Texas Health physicians on the medical staff and other personnel to foster and support research interests. It also provides infrastructure to support research to advance health care and improve the health and well-being of the people in the communities we serve.
Research is part of Texas Health’s mission and commitment to our patients, our community, and our academic partners. Texas Health invests considerable professional, financial, data and operational resources into research to improve the health of the people in the communities we serve.
Texas Health Research & Education (THRE) is the research entity of Texas Health and as such supports the efforts of THR physicians and employees engaged in research. The departments within THRE and their responsibilities are:
- Research Administration – Invoicing, billing, research patient coding and billing, CMS approval, contract negotiation, budget negotiation
- Research Compliance – Human Research Protection Program, Federal Regulatory Compliance, THR System Compliance
- Grants – Review, submission, and oversight of grants.
- Study Support – Regulatory document maintenance, IRB submission and maintenance, Study patient tracking/management
- Study Coordination – Research Coordinators and Research Nurses
Follow this link to see how to acknowledge Texas Health’s contributions.
Follow this link to see the list of our active research studies.
Follow this link to find Information on Right to Try Treatments.
Follow this link to see research publications.